NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!

NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!
Your new products are available!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A favorite technique - Emboss Resist

Morning Stampers!

I continue to practice my sponging and brayering techniques, and thought I would like to case something of Michelle Zindorf's and adapt her work to some of the new colors and stamps available at Stampin' Up!.  I am loving the Friends Never Fade stamp and the cherry cobbler color especially.  After surfing Michelle's website, I chose this card:



and updated it with Cherry Cobbler, Delightful Daffodil, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso, while using the new Friends Never Fade and Elements of Style Stamp sets:


The flower image was stamped first by coloring the stamp with markers.  I then colored them again with Versamark and embossed them.  After that, I used only versamark to stamp the flourishes around the edge and then embossed those as well.  I covered a 3" square in the middle, and then sponged Early Espresso along the edges, then wiped the ink of the flourishes.  I removed the 3" mask and lightly sponged the center with Crumb Cake.  I then took a ruler and the Early Espresso marker and defined the 3" square on the left and bottom edges to make the center pop a bit.  I used a little trick for the ribbon:  I tied my ribbon around a book first, then cut the ribbon in the back so I could position my bow/knot exactly where I wanted it, and then used snail adhesive to attach it to the back of the card front.  I used the Modern punch and some misc. brads to accent the red in the flowers.   I left some open space above the flowers so I can add a sentiment when I decide what occasion I will eventually choose for this card!  This was a fun card to make!  I'm looking forward to trying something similar with different stamps and colors.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card looks great! TYFS!

    chanda stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    p.s. following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful!!! Found you from the SC thread so I am following you now :-) I will be back often to visit! Let me know if you stop by my blog - I would love it you do! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, these cards are stunning. I love this technique, but am not too good at it. You should consider doing a video tutorial ;). I am following you now. Your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I'm a stamping newbie, but I'm tempted to give this a try and risk terrible failure. ;) I agree that you need to do a video tutorial!
    TFS
    :) Jessica
    redmonkeyscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You did a great job! Following you now from SC =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning cards. TFS

    check out my blog at www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job, I also love Michelle's style but am not brave enough to case her yet.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim - a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out about this technique, and plan on doing it for my new technique tuesday classes. You did an amazing job with it!!!

    ReplyDelete