NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!

NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!
Your new products are available!

Friday, July 2, 2010

From the new catalog.... so fun!

Aren't new toys FUN!?  New colors, stamps, punches and always lots of fresh ideas await you in the new Stampin' Up! catalog!  Remember that many of the new stamps and colors are available for My Digital Studio as well!  Want more information on digital crafts?  Email me!

Below is a rather quick card I made for one of my clients.  Hydrangeas grew in my backyard when I was a child and they bring back many fond memories of good times in that backyard!  My mother showed me how to add colored water to the base of the bush to change the color of the hydrangea, so in her honor, I went with a red hydrangea, just like we used to 'make at home!'  Details are below.  Enjoy, create, and have a fabulous 4th of July weekend!
and for the inside:

Almost all NEW products were used for this card:  My base card is Early Espresso cardstock, layered with Pear Pizzaz that has been dry embossed with the new Vintage Wallpaper folder.  The Cherry Cobbler strip was border punched with the scallop punch.  Early Espresso was used for the main image mat.  Watercolor paper makes the main image mat because it works so well with the blender pens.  I used Cherry Cobbler to stamp the flower and was careful to load ink on only the flower portion of the stamp.  The stem was colored with my Pear Pizzaz marker.  I used a blender pen and just a little extra ink to color the image for more depth.  Cajun Craze marker was used to color the centers of the flowers.  I used my Cherry Cobbler marker to color only two images of the line design and stamp them in opposite corners.  The sentiment and hydrangea are from the new "Because I Care" set.  The sentiment was heat embossed with versamark and clear powder.  The inside used Very Vanilla mats, and the same components as the outside of the card.  I just might make a few more of these! 

3 comments:

  1. I knew you could make them blue or pink by adjusting the ph, I didn't know you could makr other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! I love how you did the inside too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inside too?! I would go through so much paper and it would take me 4x longer to come up with ideas if I did the inside too!
    Cheryl
    http://craftinmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete