NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!

NEW ANNUAL CATALOG IS HERE!
Your new products are available!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happiness is... Paisley Prints

The holiday mini has lots of fun surprises, and this set is great because it covers several holidays.  I hadn't played with the hearts in the set, but as soon as I saw it I thought of the Raspberry Tart dp with it's paisley background. 
I used the 'rock and roll' technique by first loading the heart stamps with Cameo Coral, then lightly tapping and rocking the edges of the stamp in Rose Red.  It creates a pretty variegated fad and I like the result!  I don't have the large heart punch so I cut those by hand, and I used the bitty punch set for the small hearts and inked the edges with Rose Red  The extra large punch (pg. 25 of the holiday mini) is my new favorite tag punch!  To make the mat behind it, simply punch your tag, then cut an X corner to corned and adhere them to your solid tag.  Cool, eh?  Two fun tips today - matting a punch and rock and roll!
The small corner detail stamp is from Style Beautiful and the sentiment is from Whimsical Words.  This is a quick card that looks great with some dimensionals to make the cut outs pop, and some doodling with a white gel pen for a bit more framing and focus.  There's more to come - I've been busy!  :)  Thanks so much for looking and feel free to add a comment, suggestion or follow me and let me know your blog address so I can follow YOUR creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment